About the My Migraine Voice Study
The My Migraine Voice study is the largest global study of people living with migraine ever conducted. It involved more than 11,000 people with migraine from 31 countries.1
MMV was conducted between October 2017 and February 2018. All participants had their migraine diagnosis confirmed by a healthcare professional, and reported having at least four migraine days per month.
- 90% reported having tried preventive treatment
- Out of this group, 80% needed to change the preventive treatment due to:
- one treatment failure (approximately 10%)
- two or more treatment failures (approximately 90%)
Download MMV Resources
EMHA has worked to develop a set of resources, including infographics and social media posts which aim to improve understanding and recognition of the impact of migraine. These resources were developed with the support of Novartis and can be downloaded here:
The objective was to understand the worldwide migraine burden from the perspective of those living with migraine by:
- Describing the social, economic and emotional impact of the disease
- Understanding the real-life experiences of individuals living with migraine
- Understanding the journey of people living with migraine through the healthcare system and employment environment
Through their partnership with Novartis, leading medical experts and patient organizations (European Federation of Neurological Associations, Migraine Action and the Migraine Association of Ireland) the EMHA developed and conducted My Migraine Voice, the largest ever global survey of people living with migraine.
- Martelletti P, Schwedt TJ, Lanteri-Minet M, et al. My Migraine Voice survey: a global study of disease burden among individuals with migraine for whom preventive treatments have failed. J Headache Pain. 2018 Nov 27;19(1):115.
- Olesen J, et al., and CDBE2010 study group; European Brain Council. The economic cost of brain disorders in Europe. Eur J Neurol. 2012 Jan;19(1):155-62.
- Stovner LJ, Andrée C; Eurolight Steering Committee. Impact of headache in Europe: a review for the Eurolight project. J Headache Pain. 2008 Jun;9(3):139-46
- Hawkins K, Wang S, Rupnow MF. Indirect cost burden of migraine in the United States. J Occup Environ Med. 2007;49(4):368-374.
- Hawkins K, Wang S, Rupnow MF. Direct cost burden among insured US employees with migraine. Headache. 2007;48(4):553-563.