Welcome to the 2nd European Patient Innovation Summit (EPIS 2017) – Realising the connection of digital technologies. Building upon the success and key learnings of the inaugural 2016 Summit, Novartis has continued to collaborate closely with a number of Europe’s leading patient organisations in order to deliver this year’s event. Using the latest digital technologies, the Summit aims to bring together patient organisations representing chronic disease communities at both a national and European level. EPIS 2017 will feature an innovative multisite format, with regional hubs in France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Portugal and Spain, and a Central Hub in Dublin, Ireland. The Summit will also be livestreamed to a number of additional countries and patient organisation representatives from across Europe. It is well-recognised that technological innovations are changing the way in which patients liaise with healthcare practitioners and manage their health.
The 2017 Summit will:
- Review some important developments in digital technologies that are revolutionising healthcare and helping to give patients a stronger voice in healthcare decision-making
- Discuss ways in which the systematic resistance to accepting the value of the patient voice across the medicines lifecycle can be addressed
- Highlight solutions that have the greatest chance of bringing about the changes needed to give patients a stronger voice across the medicines lifecycle
EPIS 2017 will comprise a mixture of forward-thinking presentations and a panel discussion livestreamed to all sites, in addition to breakout sessions located at the national hubs. It will be during these breakout sessions where you will have the opportunity to take part in the “ideathon”, working with your fellow attendees to identify solutions that facilitate meaningful patient input across the medicines lifecycle. The Summit will conclude with the most promising ideas from the ideathon being presented and a vote on the best proposal. We are confident that by working collectively in this manner we will help transform the current reality and secure a much stronger voice for patients across the medicines lifecycle.
We would like to thank the speakers, moderators, panellists, jury members and hub rapporteurs who have taken time out of their busy schedules to join us, either at the Central Hub in Dublin or at the various regional hubs across Europe. We would also like to thank all those who have worked so hard behind the scenes over the past months to ensure that the Summit runs as smoothly as possible.
We anticipate EPIS 2017 will be a highly engaging and informative event that provides a platform for you to network and discuss a key issue confronting the European patient community.
European Patient Innovation Summit in Dublin – also online at http://epis2017.com/ and #EPIS2017
The agenda is co-created with patient groups from across Europe.
What we hope to achieve.
- Understand better how developments in digital technologies are revolutionising healthcare and helping give patients a stronger voice in healthcare decision-making
- Work together to come up with ideas on how to break down resistance to accepting the value of the patient voice
- Agree which ideas have the greatest chance of success